Privacy Statement for SUPER® Website
Effective Date: June 2019
Latest revision: October 2021
For questions about this policy, contact us
- This website (the “site”) is operated by SUPER Certification, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization headquartered at 2081 Center St., Berkeley, California 94704 United Sates (henceforth referred to as SUPER®). This Privacy Statement (the “statement”) that follows describes SUPER®’s collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site.
- SUPER® is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personally-identifiable information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
- Please note that this website contains links to other Websites. SUPER® is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any websites to which this site may link.
SUPER® website contains a newsletter opt-in plug-in which visitors to the site may use to share with us their email address; as well as a contact form which visitors to the site may use to send us a message, and which collects names and email addresses.
Web servers typically collect, at least temporarily, the following information: Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used; web pages requested; referring web page; browser used; date and time. SUPER® may collect statistics identifying particular IP addresses from which our websites are accessed.
Use of collected information
SUPER® may use personal information collected from our website in order to keep you informed of our news and activities. These communications we handle through a Mailchimp list which we use to send out periodic email newsletters. You may opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in them, or by contacting us.
SUPER® may use browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is generally used to improve Web presentation and utilization.
SUPER® site may use “cookies” in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
The website may use other similar technologies (including, without limitation, tracking pixels, as described further below, and other anonymous identifiers) to gather information about you, such as IP addresses and location data, to customize your visit, to enable us to enhance our service, or for other purposes. We may use the following cookies: (i) Strictly necessary / technical cookies that are required for the operation of our website, including log-in, shopping cart and e-billing. (ii) Analytical / performance cookies to see how users interact with our website so that we may improve functionality. (iii) Functional cookies to recognize you when you return and to personalize content.
- Clickstream Data: As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. For example, clickstream data can tell the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the website. The website may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
- Web Beacons Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a Web page.
- IP Address Logs SUPER® also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses — the location of your computer on the Internet. Cookies allow SUPER® to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name and email address on one of the site’s forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies, Web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (what Website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what Website did you go to etc.
- Opting out of Cookies: If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personally identifiable information from your device without your knowledge.
Distribution of collected information
SUPER® will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
SUPER® will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Individuals who wish to use methods other than online enrollment to the newsletter or use of our online contact form may submit requests by email: get started (at) super.ngo – or by postal mail addressed to SUPER® at 2081 Center St., Berkeley, California 94704 United Sates.
Access to own information
Users have the right to review, modify or delete their previously provided personal information. Such a request should be directed to SUPER® by letter or email.
Responsibility for external sites
SUPER® does not control the content or information practices of external organizations. We recommend you review the privacy statements of these organizations.
If you are a California resident this section applies to you. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at getstarted (at) super.ngo
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are accessing this site from a country that is a member of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EAA), or the United Kingdom (UK), the processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK GDPR, or other European Privacy laws. SUPER® complies with the requirements of GDPR, the UK GDPR, and other European privacy laws. For information regarding your rights under European privacy laws, including the GDPR and UK GDPR; and/or SUPER®’s compliance with their requirements, contact us.
In order to fulfill the intended processing purposes described above, your Personal Data will be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), specifically to the United States, which does not protect Personal Data in the same way that it is protected in the EEA. SUPER® will undertake appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of Personal Data, including utilizing appropriate physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect Personal Data, which in our case are provided by third-party email list handler Mailchimp.
As required by the General Data Protection Regulation and applicable EEA member state law, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you have a right to:
- Access your Personal Data, as well as information relating to the recipients of your Personal Data, the purposes of processing your Personal Data, the duration for which the Personal Data will be stored, and the source of Personal Data that has not been provided by you;
- Rectify or correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data concerning you, taking into account the purposes of the processing, and the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
Move your Personal Data to another controller or processor. SUPER® will facilitate the lawful transfer of your data to the extent possible;
- Have your Personal Data erased in certain circumstances;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Object to the processing of Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, should SUPER® ask for your consent for the processing of your Personal Data. The withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Know whether your Personal Data is being used for automated decision-making, including profiling. In those cases, SUPER® will give you meaningful information about the logic involved, the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for your data, and the right to request human intervention; and
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
SUPER® believes that it is especially important to protect children’s privacy online. No information should be submitted to or posted at SUPER® by visitors younger than 13 years old. SUPER® does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and SUPER® does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old.
Cross Border Transfers
Changes to this Statement
Notification of Changes: Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as “Updated”. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
If you contact us with regard to this Statement, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will endeavor to notify you and keep you updated.
SUPER, 2081 Center St., Berkeley, California 94704 United Sates
getstarted (at) super.ngo
Telephone: +1 (415) 787-3719
This page was last changed on October 15, 2021, last checked on October 15, 2021 and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States.
2. Selling data to third parties
We do not sell data to third parties
3. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
4. What are scripts?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
5. What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
6.1 Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
6.2 Statistics cookies
We use statistics cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these statistics cookies we get insights in the usage of our website.
6.3 Marketing/Tracking cookies
Marketing/Tracking cookies are cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create user profiles to display advertising or to track the user on this website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
7. Placed cookies
When you visit our website for the first time, we will show you a pop-up with an explanation about cookies. You do have the right to opt-out and to object against the further use of non-functional cookies.
8.1 Manage your consent settings
Current status: Accepted
9. Your rights with respect to personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- you may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- you may object to the processing;
- you may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- you may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
10. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
11. Contact details
2081 Center St, Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone number: +1 415 SUPER 19